Consulting

Thread: Auto Updating Links

VBAX Regular
    Question Auto Updating Links

Hi all.

I'm properly missing out something completely obvious to why i can't seem to achieve this, so please guide me to the solution!

Ok! so the basics; I'm running Excel 2013, I previously posted on here regarding pulling information from various other spreadsheets into a master, 20 in total and I was able to cobble something usable, but not perfect.

My current issue is that some of the files that are being opened are prompting me to update links. To which i figured I just needed to add an updatelinks prompt after opening the particular file (see code below), however its spitting out a compile error and im not quite sure what im missing.

PHP Code:
    Set wb1 ThisWorkbook
        Set wb2 
    Workbooks.Open("X:\089872 - IPW - Framework\02 Admin\01 DocRegisters\IPW-CAP-00-XX-RE-Z-0001.xlsx"UpdateLinks xlUpdateLinksAlways
    Thanks in advance

VBAX Sage

Set wb2 = Workbooks.Open("X:\089872 - IPW - Framework\02 Admin\01 DocRegisters\IPW-CAP-00-XX-RE-Z-0001.xlsx",  xlUpdateLinksAlways)

In

Set wb2 = Workbooks.Open("X:\089872 - IPW - Framework\02 Admin\01 DocRegisters\IPW-CAP-00-XX-RE-Z-0001.xlsx", UpdateLinks = xlUpdateLinksAlways)
    the UpdateLinks = xlUpdateLinksAlways part sort of looks like a 'Named Parameter' except that it should be UpdateLinks := xlUpdateLinksAlways with the colon

Using it your way you shouldn't need it
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

VBAX Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Hossler View Post
    Try this

Set wb2 = Workbooks.Open("X:\089872 - IPW - Framework\02 Admin\01 DocRegisters\IPW-CAP-00-XX-RE-Z-0001.xlsx",  xlUpdateLinksAlways)

In

Set wb2 = Workbooks.Open("X:\089872 - IPW - Framework\02 Admin\01 DocRegisters\IPW-CAP-00-XX-RE-Z-0001.xlsx", UpdateLinks = xlUpdateLinksAlways)
    the UpdateLinks = xlUpdateLinksAlways part sort of looks like a 'Named Parameter' except that it should be UpdateLinks := xlUpdateLinksAlways with the colon

Using it your way you shouldn't need it

This seems to work, however im not getting a "can't update links" message. - is there a way this can be either ignored or updated as well?

Cheers

VBAX Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxie View Post
    This seems to work, however im not getting a "can't update links" message. - is there a way this can be either ignored or updated as well?

Cheers
    Looks like I've been able to just use "UpdateLinks:=0" and its stopped the error messages.