Consulting

Thread: Transferring Word to Excel -

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Transferring Word to Excel -

I have been trying to find a solution to this problem all day. Yesterday I learned about Word Forms and how they can be used to transfer files to Excel. I thought my inventory dream had come true, but after making the Word Form and the Excel Sheet, I have not been able to get everything to work as I would like. I keep getting a "Compile Error: User-Defined type not defined. "Sub GetFormData ()" is highlighted in yellow and Dim wdApp As New Word.Application" is highlighted in blue.

I have been watching this video on youtube by Neil Malek published on Jan. 22, 2016 and saw Paul Edstein's comments and links. I have tried copying and pasting his macro from those links into Excel following the directions on the video for everything else. I have tried changing the CCtrl to FmFld. I found another macro that Paul had posted on either this site or another site and tried putting that into Excel and I get the same error message.

As you may be able to tell from my attachments, I am a vintage seller on ETSY. I need to have a form that I can print and put on the boxes once I process a product so that I can find it in my warehouse (garage for now), but I also need to be able to track the collective costs and income for taxes. Up until now, I have been doing the forms by hand and then inputting everything again into an Excel spreadsheet, but it is such a slow process and I have to keep fumbling through papers to see if I have completed all the steps needed before posting onto ETSY.

I have attached my Word Form with info filled out for one item that has not been sold and the Excel sheet that I created today. I have also attached a Word file that has the Macro that I used in the Excel sheet.

If I should have put this into a thread that was already going, I apologize. All the threads I found regarding this were more than one-year old and I was not getting anywhere trying the fixes shown own them.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Angela Bjornstad