Consulting

Thread: Formating

AutoFormatting Table Times

Apologies for Awful Thread Title. Forgot to edit before Posting.

So I've been formatting a fairly complex schedule and using some macros from various people on this forum (gmayor, mdmackillop, xld among others) to extract data from that document for use in crosschecking times. Now I'm on to tweaks.

I'm trying to reformat a table that looks like this

10:00am – 1:00pm Rehearsal Steve, Bill, Dave On Stage
    10:30am ADD Laura, Catherine
    10:45am REL Dave
    11:00am ADD Patricia
    12:00pm ADD/REL ADD: Fran; REL: Bill, Patricia

ADD means someone is added to a rehearsal. REL means they are released at that time. To extract the data in a list of times for each name, I need to rejig the data, which I'm currently doing manually so that each person's name only appears once and in the same row as the correct times for their rehearsal. So the above data would be this:

10:00am – 1:00pm Rehearsal Steve On Stage
    10:30am – 1:00pm Laura, Catherine On Stage
    10:00 – 10:45am Dave On Stage
    11:00am – 12:00pm Patricia On Stage
    10:00am – 12:00pm Bill On Stage
    12:00 – 1:00pm Fran On Stage

The location also needs to be added the row (it's always the last location listed in the fourth column).

ADD seems like it'd be easier, since that only needs the end time and the location added.

REL needs to have a start time added and the name deleted from the original entry. ADD/REL is annoying, since it's both and occasionally I have to REL someone who has been ADDed, which is more complex.

Currently, I highlight the times and locations in the rows that need to be edited with blue text, copy the relevant table to a new document, and then do all of this manually (adding new rows) before extracting the whole thing to excel.

Any ideas on how I might get started with this?
    Last edited by Rishek; 06-19-2017 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Awful Thread title