Consulting

Thread: Need Help Wrting This. (If from list, Then, If blanks, New Column)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Need Help Wrting This. (If from list, Then, If blanks, New Column)

Hi, I'm new to Excel and VBA. I'm trying to learn on my own but have yet to find a answer for a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do.

I have one sheet in column(A) I have multiple words in different cells. In my example it is names and fruits.
    I want to be able to separate the words into there own separate sheet if the word appears.
    I also need it to separate the words into a different column in its appropriate sheet if a blank cell is shown.

I'm attach a example excel file.

In my example in column A-
    Bill
    Bob
    Kiwi
    Hank
    Harry
    Fred
    Bill
    Apple
    Kiwi
    Hank
    Harry
    Mike
    Orange
    John
    Fred

I need Bill, Bob, Hank, Harry, Fred to go to a sheet named 'Names" into column A - Kiwi Will go to its own separate sheet named "Fruit" in column A
    Because there is a blank cell in between my information. I need to to move over a column in their appropriate sheets
    Bill, Hank, Harry will go to sheets named "names" and now to column B. Apple, and Kiwi will move to Sheet "Fruit" and into column B
    Mike, John Fred- Sheet "Names" Column C. Orange to sheet "Fruit" column C.

I need this to continue on for as long as possible because I don't know how much information I will have in the original sheet where all there information is in Column A.

I hope how I'm explaining this makes sense, and I'm sure will all your bright minds, someone will be able to tackle this challenge for me.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files