Consulting

Thread: Regretting the Humanities Degree

Regretting the Humanities Degree

So I've actually gotten a lot of really excellent help from everyone already, which is very cool.

I work in arts management and am spending the summer producing a daily schedule for an opera festival, which is fun, but it's a ton of data to process, hence my sudden rabid interest in macros and the assistance of this forum.

With the help I've received so far, I've managed to (virtually) eliminate double bookings of both venues and personnel (with 8 productions plus ancillary programming, upwards of 10 venues and an ensemble of over 70 performers, there's a lot of room for confusion). Also, the schedule is appearing earlier and faster than in past years (so I'm told), since the crosscheck now takes a fraction of the time and can be redone quickly. This is all having a really positive effect on both performers and the quality of their work. And having more free time means I come into work more alert and able to spot conflicts, which in turn ...

So yeah. Thanks guys. I'm continuing to tweak things and improve the latticework I've created and automate the rest of the workflow. Then comes the work of making the whole system transferable to next year when all the shows, performers and some of the venues change.

I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ