I have been working for months with Microsoft on this, and I am getting close! Just found your forum and hope you can help.

Using Mac Word 2016. From Build 15.16 on I have had the same problem. Something changed.

Previous Function
1. Copy text from an app with citations (example: Using Logos Bible Software...when text is copied in that app, it brings citations with it)
2. Paste into Word
a. The text pasted into the body
b. The citation automatically added as a footnote
c. A small box appeared at the end of the pasted text where I could select "match destination format"

Current Function
1. Copy text from an app with citations
2. Paste into Word
a. The text pastes into the body
b. The citation automatically added ​to the end of the pasted text (no footnote)
c. No "small box"

Workaround
1. Logos provided the following macro:

Sub PasteRtfTextAsRtf()

Selection.PasteSpecial Link:=False, datatype:=wdPasteRTF, Placement:=wdInLine, DisplayAsIcon:=False
End Sub

2. THAT WORKS!!! Except...
3. The pasted text defaults to the Normal.dot font formatting...I want it to "Match Destination Formatting"

My Question
1. It looks like there are two "Selection" options: Selection.PasteSpecial and Selection.PasteandFormat
2. It looks like the first doesn't have a "format" option and the second doesn't have a "datatype=wdPasteRTF" option
3. Is there any way to somehow achieve both? (paste as RTF and format as "match destination format"?)

If you guys solve this, I will be blown away and can then quit bothering Microsoft. Thanks in advance!