I have a data collection form for addresses / other details which will then get inserted in to a MS-SQL 2014 DB. The form has been created in Word 2016 using VBA and I'm currently stuck on the following issue.

I have two fields in my MS-SQL database which are integers clientnum and matternum they both allow null values.

My form has various textboxes for data entry, The code is as follows for when I get the values:
    CliNum = TxtBxCliNum.Value
    If CliNum = "" Then
        ClientNum = 0
    Else
        If Not IsNumeric(CliNum) Then
            MsgBox "Client Number must numbers", vbOKOnly, "Error"
            Exit Sub
        Else
            ClientNum = CLng(CliNum)
        End If
    End If

MattNum = TxtBxMattNum.Value
        If MattNum = "" Then
        MatterNum = 0
    Else
        If Not IsNumeric(MattNum) Then
            MsgBox "Matter Number must numbers", vbOKOnly, "Error"
            Exit Sub
        Else
            MatterNum = CLng(MattNum)
        End If
    End If
At the moment if the textbox is empty I've assigned it the value of '0' but really I want it to be Null. The reason for setting it to 0 at the moment helps with debugging certain elements but need this to be Null really.

I then use the following insert statement insert the data in to the relevant table:
    rs.Open "INSERT INTO Address (Worktype, AddType, Name, Addressee, Address1, Address2, Address3" & _
            ", Address4, Address5, PostCode, Ref1, OurRef, yourRef, ClientNum, MatterNum, AddDeleted) " & _
            "VALUES ('" & WorkType & "', '" & AddType & "', '" & Name & "', '" & Addressee & "', '" & Address1 & "', '" & Address2 & "', '" & Address3 & "', '" & Address4 & "', " & _
            "'" & Address5 & "', '" & PostCode & "', '" & Ref1 & "', '" & OurRef & "', '" & yourRef & "', '" & ClientNum & "', '" & MatterNum & "', 'False')", cn
The issue is that I want to insert null values in to clientnum and matternum when there is nothing to enter. I've done a lot of googling on this and from what I've read that if I want to get a null value for the 'integers' I'm inserting (clientnum and matternum) I should just leave them out of the SQL statement.

For this example I'd need 2 SQL statements one for with those records one without and use some form of logic to work out which statement to use. This is 'okay' for this particular circumstance but for some others I will come across it will not work so well as I could end up with 5 or 8 different SQL statements in various scenarios.

If there a way for doing this within the SQL statement itself?