Consulting

Thread: Accessing the Add-ins Toolbar

VBAX Expert
    Accessing the Add-ins Toolbar

After creating the desired VBA code for a particular workbook which includes a customized toolbar, Excel adds an "Add-ins" tab to the ribbon. Is there any way to use VBA to cause Excel to automatically switch to the Add-ins toolbar upon opening the workbook?

It depends - which version of Excel are you using?
    Be as you wish to seem

VBAX Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Aflatoon View Post
    It depends - which version of Excel are you using?
    I'm sorry. I normally try to include that information. I am running Office Enterprise 2007. Thanks

In that case, SendKeys is your simplest option but it's far from reliable. Alternatively you can try using Accessibility but the code is really complicated - see Tony Jollans' article here: http://www.wordarticles.com/Shorts/R...bonVBADemo.php
    Be as you wish to seem

VBAX Expert
    In that case, SendKeys is your simplest option but it's far from reliable. Alternatively you can try using Accessibility but the code is really complicated - see Tony Jollans' article here: http://www.wordarticles.com/Shorts/R...bonVBADemo.php
    Thanks. The article at the above link is far more complex than I care to pursue for my purposes. I was simply looking for a simple way (if there is one) to avoid having to click on the Add-ins tab each time the workbook is opened, as it is the only toolbar I need in this particular workbook.

The SendKeys might be worth some testing. I'll give that a try.

In that case, you should really look at using CustomUI to create a proper custom Ribbon tab as it would allow you to use the startFromScratch option to remove all the other tabs for that workbook, which would leave yours active by default!
    Be as you wish to seem

VBAX Expert
    In that case, you should really look at using CustomUI to create a proper custom Ribbon tab as it would allow you to use the startFromScratch option to remove all the other tabs for that workbook, which would leave yours active by default!
    Thanks