Consulting

Thread: select single cell as auto filter

VBAX Regular
    select single cell as auto filter

Hi, I wish to select cell G2 for the auto filter but i can't seem to be able to do it because when i activate the auto filter the whole row 2 will be auto filtered. So how do i activate it for just G2 ? Thanks

Select your whole COLUMN-G and then try autofiltering..

VBAX Regular

when i do that, it autofilters on G1. Is there anyway to make it happen(meaning the arrows and autofiltering) on G2. Thanks

ok. select G2 and G3 and do autofilter

VBAX Regular
    when i do that i get "The command you chose cannot be performed with multiple selections. Select a single range and click the command again." I have tried many times but when i activate the auto filter it only highlights the whole of row 1.

You are trying to select G2 AND G3 individually one by one.

Select continously and see.. It works for me without any dialog box.

VBAX Regular

I don't understand what you are trying to say. From the way i see it, I can only select a whole row or column and activate the auto filter and the whole rows and columns will have an arrow. Even when i try to click any single cell and activate the autofilter, the whole of row 1 will have the auto feature(arrow) on. The problem is i only want to highlight the whole column but want the arrow to be on row 2.

1- Select cell G2
    2- Press and hold Shift-Key and now select cell G3
    3- Now without selecting any other area goto menu: Data -> Filter -> AutoFilter

I hope now you can see the result.

VBAX Regular
    ok is there any way i can just select cell G2 only and have the auto filter placed in that cell ?

VBAX Regular
    And is there a way to not select cells continually and still able to make the cells auto filter eg. cell A2, B2,C2 and F2 ?