Consulting

Thread: Change to default colours, VBA constants not updated in 2016

VBAX Newbie
    Change to default colours, VBA constants not updated in 2016

This is more of a sanity check than anything else. My company had a suite of macros that we use regularly that I have been testing and altering to work on 2016. However I noticed that the default colours in the colour palette in Word have changed (e.g the light blue is a different blue) yet the VBA constant wdColorLightBlue still refers to the old 2011 light blue.

Has any else observed this? Is there some other constants to call the correct standard colours in Word 2016?

I've worked around it for now by using the RGB values of the standard colours, rather than these constants. But it would be good to know if others have seen this or if there is another way to invoke the standard colours in 2016.

There is nothing amiss with your sanity. The colour palette has changed and VBA does indeed refer to the old colour palette.
    If you want to use the old colour palette you should create styles that have the colours you want.
    As you are updating macros it might be a good time to call the colours by RGB or Hex values. As ever ColorCop is a great tool for determining colours.
    Graham Mayor - MS MVP (Word) 2002-2019
    Visit my web site for more programming tips and ready made processes
    http://www.gmayor.com

VBAX Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by gmayor View Post
    There is nothing amiss with your sanity. The colour palette has changed and VBA does indeed refer to the old colour palette.
    If you want to use the old colour palette you should create styles that have the colours you want.
    As you are updating macros it might be a good time to call the colours by RGB or Hex values. As ever ColorCop is a great tool for determining colours.
    Yes, we've changed over the macros to work with the RGB values now. It was more to check that there wasn't something I was missing. Thanks for confirming that I'm not going crazy, at least not with regards to this!