Consulting

Thread: Go to last slide after 30 minutes or end of video

VBAX Newbie
    Go to last slide after 30 minutes or end of video

Hi all I am looking for a way to automatically jump to the last slide in my presentation after either a video ends or 30 minutes total duration from a clickable event. The video I have just plays a 30 minute count down so either solution would be fine, the user has to click on a shape within the first slide of the presentation to automatically advance to the start of the video.

The video I have runs across 20 slides, so there is no way to know which slide a person will be on when the 30 minutes is up, essentially I am trying to force a move to the last slide (number 22) at this point.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could achieve this either through the ribbons or vba?

Many Thanks

Law

VBAX Master

Even with code this would be difficult to check exactly 30 minutes have elapsed and probably dangerous. You would need to start a timer using the setTimer API and even a tiny error would lead to a PC crash. Not something I would suggest unless you are very skilled (not even then IMHO)

It might be possible to check the time elapsed every time the slide changes but this would end when the next slide change happens AFTER 30 minutes.
    John Wilson
    Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
    Amazing Free PowerPoint Tutorials
    http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html