Consulting

Thread: Populating a DropDown box

Populating a DropDown box

I'm not quite sure if this is the correct place to post this or whether it should be in the Word section. However, I'll start here and see where it goes...

I've got a dropdown box in my Ribbon Bar with two choices (at this stage - more choices will be added later). In this case it involves two countries: USA and Canada

If a user chooses USA certain steps get done in the document (based on its template) and it registers in the Registry (Sorry!) that the USA has been selected and displays this on the Ribbon Bar dropDown box. Likewise if I change it to Canada, and so on.

It keeps displaying the country until I shutdown the document but when opened again the DropDown is blank. What I want it to do is to display the country which was displayed earlier and is recorded in the Registry.

All the procedures work correctly both in the XML and in the VBA - so far. It's just trying to keep that pesky selection displayed in the Ribbon Bar DropDown even when the document is closed and then reopened until I change it at a later time.

Some help would be much appreciated. I'm sure it's very simple but it has escaped me so far!

Distinguished Lord of VBAX VBAX Grand Master Bob Phillips's Avatar
    It's straight-forward enough, but can you post the workbook to work with?

Abusus non tollit usum

Last night I dreamed of a small consolation enjoyed only by the blind: Nobody knows the trouble I've not seen!
    James Thurber

Thanks, XLD for your reply.

I've spoken to my client that there would be a "time out" whilst I solved this little challenge and they've come back to me saying "forget it - leave it as it is. It's working as we want it and it shows the differences between the two countries on the Ribbon Bar"

So...as requested: I've forgotten it!

Thanks again.