Consulting

Thread: XML Validation Error

XML Validation Error

Here's a weird one which makes no sense to me:

I've been working on a dropdown element with two items. Everything works OK when I manually entered the Screentip and Supertip texts to be displayed.

Now I want to change these to Dynamic Attributes by using getScreentip and getSupertip. However, I get the following error for both of these: "getScreentip attribute is not declared" and then same for getSupertip.

All the similar remaining dynamic attributes in the file work OK when validated. It's just the four in the dropdown element which seem to be playing up.

Is it something to do with the fact that it is a dropdown?

Insn't it wonderful when one reads the manual that answers appear?

On page 227 of the RibbonX book by Martin, Puls and Harding relating to dropdown controls that items in a dropdown element are only ever static and cannot be dynamic. That simple phrase culled from the page is the answer to my query above.

So the old adage still holds true: 'When all else fails: RTFM'

I'm now going to stand in the naughty corner as a penance!!

MS Excel MVP VBAX Mentor Andy Pope's Avatar
    You can have a dynamic dropdown list with dynamic screen tip text if you want.

In the example there are various combinations of static and dynamic values.

The first dropdown has dynamic tip text but in order to get it it clears out the static xml drop down list values. If you remove the getItemCount callback then the list is static but so is the tip text.

So it appears the mixing of static and dynamic does not function as required. But all static or all dynamic should.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers
    Andy