Consulting

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: Bet Angel and Excel

VBAX Expert
    looking at the state machine diagram that I quickly sketched, highlights another problem you need to think about how to handle:
    What happens if when you try to close a bet, you get an error back due to that price disappearing before you can trade it?
    This is a bit different from when you are entering the market because somehow you must get out of the bet. This makes it a bit more difficult to get the logic right because you also want to avoid closing the bet twice which effectively means going short if you were long or vice versa (back/lay to you)

VBAX Contributor

This is true! :/ I think I'll open up a new thread specifically just for this using a standard BA sheet for cell references and see if anyone else in the community has ever created something similar using vba.

As for the logger, I'm still working on getting it running but with the snow and work I think it will take me a few days - I'll get back to the both of you by early next week at this rate; just giving you both a heads up!

CPerry.

VBAX Contributor
    Just an update for the both of you. Still debugging the log but having a few problems. What hasn't helped today is BetFair has been completely down :S Not looking as if it's going to turn back on until tomorrow either so looks like an early evening for me! Christmas rush has been mad too but hopefully will have a few hours tomorrow to look at it properly again and then spend the Christmas week next week logging as much as I can whilst you two enjoy time with your families. That's the plan anyways! Will get back on it tomorrow and let you know how I get on

CPerry.

VBAX Contributor

Firstly I hope you have both had a great Christmas break! I was making progress with debugging the DataRecorder until I got to a stage where I think I fiddled around too much and messed it up so I'm having to track back to the original version instead of retracing my steps.

Because of this I want to make sure I understand each step properly so…
    The first error I get is in the Private Sub Class_Initialize(). I get:

Run-time error '13':
    Type mismatch
    I have had a thorough read of the following link:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.60).aspx

Which states that the error is because the variable/property isn’t of the correct type or something was passed through the procedure and the code is expecting a different property or value?

I see above in the code OutputData is defined as a variant and the yellow highlighted section in the debugger is ‘Erase OutputData’, when I hover over it it says “OutputData = Empty”. Because of this I think I originally either redim’d it as something else or fiddled around with the part after the = to make it recognise what it was supposed to be identifying (the output data) but like I said, this returned further problems so what would be the correct solution? Am I thinking along the right lines?

I tried after this:
    Dim OutputData As Single/Double/Integer or Long (I was just guessing honestly at this stage) which returned the error: ‘Expected array’

Dim OutputData As Short returned:
    Compile error:
    User-defined type not defined

CPerry.