Consulting

Thread: the remove method in Collection and Select Case

VBAX Regular
    Smile the remove method in Collection and Select Case

Hi VBA Experts!

I coded to extract and load tables for each instrument ( Cash, Stock, Bond, Option, CDS) showing its value as well as the total portfolio value for the same date.(highlighted in Blue)
    Now, I need to make 5 different scenario tables for each instrument, filling the yellow highlighted areas as in the below screen shot for each Scenario.
    For example, Scenario 1 is the combination of Stock, Bond, Option and CDS (but, No Cash), which equals to the total Total Portfolio minus cash.
    Capture4.PNG

I want to use the remove method in Collection and Select, Case statement as below. But, the remove statement in the Sub TestGetPortfolioValue() below doesn't work
    Please share with me if there is better way to do this.
    (I put the range reference as Sceario1, Scenario2, Scenario3, Scenario4, Scenario 5 where I would like load the data in a spreadsheet.)
    Select Case
        Case is newPort.Der.Remove "cash"
            For i = 1 To 10
                Range("scenario1").Cells(i, 1) = newPort.GetTotal(Range("Scenario1").Cells(i, 1))
            Next i
        Case is newPort.Der.Remove "Stock"
            For i = 1 To 10
                Range("scenario2").Cells(i, 1) = newPort.GetTotal(Range("Scenario2").Cells(i, 1))
            Next i
        Case is newPort.Der.Remove "Bond"
            For i = 1 To 10
                Range("scenario3").Cells(i, 1) = newPort.GetTotal(Range("Scenario3").Cells(i, 1))
            Next i
        Case is newPort.Der.Remove "Option"
            For i = 1 To 10
                Range("scenario4").Cells(i, 1) = newPort.GetTotal(Range("Scenario4").Cells(i, 1))
            Next i
        Case is newPort.Der.Remove "CDS"
            For i = 1 To 10
                Range("scenario5").Cells(i, 1) = newPort.GetTotal(Range("Scenario5").Cells(i, 1))
            Next i
    End Select

Anyone of you can enlighten me?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Demian
    Attached Files Attached Files

VBAX Sage
    1. Select Case works by using a 'value' (Newport.Der below) and matching it with a Case selector (Case Is "cash") and then executing the statements that are part of the selected Case

2. I don't know where or why you wanted the .Remove

3. If you want Stock + Bond + Option + CDS (no Cash) then you need to add those four

4. the Select Case is case-sensitive, so if the data is "Cash" then "cash" will not match

Select Case  newPort.Der

Case Is "cash" 
            For i = 1 To 10 
                Range("scenario1").Cells(i, 1) = newPort.GetTotal(Range("Scenario1").Cells(i, 1)) 
            Next i 

...etc.

End Select
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

VBAX Regular