[VBA]Sub cmdCreate_Click()

Dim MsgSubject As String

MsgSubject = txtSubject.Text

Set msg = Application.CreateItem(0)
    msg.Subject = MsgSubject
    msg.Body = "what you want to say in the body of the message"
    msg.display

End Sub[/VBA]

but for some reason I cannot get the e-mail message to display on screen. I usually get a message saying that there is a dialog window still open.
    If I take out the msg.display line then nothing happens at all when I press the button.

Is there a way around this or, to be more specific, what the hell am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

James

The code is fine in principle - except maybe you could declare the mail item variable[VBA]Dim msg as MailItem[/VBA]
    But reading between the lines... well the first line actually, the procedure name "cmdCreate_Click" makes me suspect this is the event code on a user form commandbutton.
    If the UserForm is modal (ShowModal property is True) then it won't allow Outlook to have the focus (and show a mailitem) until it's closed. If you have OL2000+, you can have non-modal forms, otherwise, you'll have to change the program flow so you call msg.Display from a standard module.
    K :-)

Yup, a modal userform will generate the aforementioned error.

VBAX Regular
    Modal and non-modal, eh? You learn something new everyday! Had to do a bit of searching to find out what it all meant but I found it and my problems (so far this morning) are solved! Huzzah!

Thanks very much.