Consulting

Thread: CSS-Like functionality in working with tables under Word

VBAX Newbie
    Web designers love CSS. By editing this file, it's easy to change how a whole site can look.

Anyone up to doing this for MS Word 2003? I need to find a way to be able to change the fonts of tables, colors, even design of multiple tables in a single document, instead of having to do it one by one.

Site Admin
    The Princess
    Hi, Lucrosus. This doesn't require VBA at all. It requires only a simple knowledge of "Styles".

Go see the newsletters at www.theofficeexperts.com, and look at June or July of 2002 (I forget which one it is), and you'll see an entire newsletter dedicated to teaching you how to use styles.

Design multiple tables? That's a tough one 'cause too many variables on number of columns or rows, etc., but you can design styles for the text inside them, and you could create an autotext entry to insert a *standard* table layout, including shading, etc.

So all this is already features that exist in Word.

Can I help you more? Please let me know.

If you have a sample document you'd like to have *styled up*, go ahead and attach it.
    ~Anne Troy

Site Admin
    The Princess VBAX Guru Anne Troy's Avatar

Maybe you'd like a wizard that can create a table, something like the attached.
    ~Anne Troy

VBAX Wizard
    Properly used styles are the way to go, as that way you just change the template styles and all documents created from it are changed. Not quite like CSS, but close enough. You could also code a VBA input form where you can select number of rows/columns plus fonts styles and colors...hit Ok and it will make the table.

Site Admin

How GREAT to see you here!!

:hi
    ~Anne Troy

VBAX Wizard
    Hey I followed you from a thread on tek-tips. Do you think I would pass up that? Curiousity and much respect for your thoughtful contributions there made that quite unlikely.

Best of luck with this. I will certainly be checking in.

What are you doing, just hanging out on a single thread? That's a joke Anne, after all there IS only one thread here.

Yet.

Site Admin
    ~Anne Troy