I have a set of managers that are using Excel to schedule their staff. I created a plugin that contained the complex logic and got the 13 different workbooks(departments) all operating off copies of a template workbook, filled with their staff. Then I have a company summary workbook that consolidates all these different departments people and their schedules. All fine and dandy...

However, 4 of our department managers are Mac users...

I tried earlier to simply load the plugin.xla file on one of the Macs... that simply crashed.

Then I tried to take the source VBA code of the plugin and compile that on one of the Macs... that's where I discovered Split() and symbols for FormatDateTime() to be missing...

Once I got Mac replacements to the above and the plugin to compile... I find that the various cell references to the plugin functions contain the complete path to the plugin! (Which is the path within the PC that the workbook was originally created.) Accessing the "Links..." dialog sends me into an endless loop of "okays" to Excel's inability to find the function names that exist inside the plugin, but not with the explicit path names from the PC.

The only way I've been able to get these workbooks to function is to do away with the plugin entirely, and place copies of the VBA macro logic inside a code module for each workbook's. Ugly duplication of logic, and a maintenance headache.

Am I missing something here? Are plugins that operate on both the Mac and PC not possible? What is with the complete path to each plugin function being bound to each function reference? This breaks the entire workbook if the plugin changes location...

Any recommendations out there?
-Blakieto