Consulting

Thread: How to find out URL from where on the website CSV data is benign downloaded

How to find out URL from where on the website CSV data is benign downloaded

Hi,

Can someone please go through attached word file and help.

I am not able to post the query directly here

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard
    Any specific question ?

Yes "nsb"

Hope you check the "Data Download Issue.docx" attached with the post. I was not able to post a query directly in forum that is why have posted it as word document.

I am struggling to figure out the dynamically created URL from where CSV file is downloaded using macros.

I have attached both the files, i.e. word file explaining my issue and, excel file where actual macro code is there.

Thanks.

Please spell aliases correctly.

Why can't you formulate your question in the post ?

Sorry for the mis spell...

System is not allowing me to post? It is showing that I can not post links before minimum of 5 posts. Even after removing the links, post is not submitted. That is why have uploaded word document with question.

A question <> a link

Hi,

I used to download data from "nseindia" website using attached macro code.

Macro does the following job.
    1. take the inputs from "Input" sheet about indices name, start date and end date.
    2. Generate the URL according to input data. Dynamically created URL is mentioned in Second sheet.

In this URL "NIFTY%20BANK&fromDate=30-09-2017&toDate=31-10-2017" is dynamically created part of whole URL based on user input.

3. Download data available at this link in CSV format, in to "Total Return Index" sheet.
    The CSV file is opened in web browser itself.

Now nseindia has come up with new website - niftyindices

I am not able to figure out new dynamic URL from where CSV files get downloaded. More specifically, I am not able to find out format of dynamic URL created by new site.

It will be helpful if someone can help me find out format of new dynamic URL for downloading CSV file.

Website path from where dynamic data is downloaded.

Old - visit nseindia site -> go to "product" tab on top -> select "Indices" -> Select "Historic Data" -> Select "View Total Returns" -> Select Index as "Nifty 50" from drop down -> enter start and end date -> click "Get Data" button -> click "Download file in csv format"

New - visit niftyindices site - to to"reports" tab on top -> select "Historical Data" -> select "Total Returns Index Value" from drop down on left top side -> select start date and end date -> press "submit" button -> click on "csv format"