Consulting

Thread: Autofill column B based on dynamic range in column A in multiple sheets except some

Question Autofill column B based on dynamic range in column A in multiple sheets except some

Hello,

I have battled with this for hours and tried this a multitude of ways based on results from threads in all of the Excel forums. I have a workbook with 36 sheets and the first column of each sheet, except the first two, will get updated about once a month so the range will change and all of the sheets have a different range in column A. I have a formula in B2 and want to be able to use VBA so that column B is autofilled to the range of column A. The following code works but the range is static and doesn't reference column A so a lot of times column B has way more cells filled than needed. 10,000 is currently the largest number of rows column A has in any of the sheets but that will change at some point. How can this be changed to autofill to the range of column A?

Sub AutoFill_Column_B()
    Dim sh As Worksheet
    For i = Sheets("Alpha").Index To Sheets("Beta").Index
        Sheets(i).Select Replace:=False

Range("B2").Select
    Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("B2:B10000")

Next i
    End Sub

I have tried to incorporate the following but I can't figure out how to get it to work

Sub Macro1()
    Lr = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
        Range("B2").Copy Destination:=Range("B3:B" & Lr)

End Sub

VBAX Expert
    this shows you more or less how to do it, you need to sort out the sheet names

Sub test()

formu = Cells(2, 2).Formula

Worksheets("sheet2").Select
     Lr = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row
    Cells(2, 2).Formula = formu

For i = 3 To Lr
     Range("B2").Copy Range(Cells(i, 2), Cells(i, 2))
    Next i

End Sub

Quote Originally Posted by offthelip View Post
    this shows you more or less how to do it, you need to sort out the sheet names
    Thank you for replying. I didn't know how to get that to work with all of the sheets except the first two. I had been searching for a solution for another problem and found a For Loop that goes through the sheets that I want the formulas to be placed in and autofilled. I also found that I can use other commands that I understood to enter a formula and for it to autofill the range.

Sub Insert_Formula()
        Dim J As Integer
        Dim LastRow As Long
        On Error Resume Next

' work through sheets
        For J = 3 To Sheets.Count ' from sheet 3 to last sheet
            Sheets(J).Activate ' make the sheet active
    LastRow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row
    Range("B2:B" & LastRow).Formula = "Formula"

Next

End Sub
    Last edited by Commoner; 11-24-2017 at 09:41 AM.