Consulting

Thread: Solved: Excel confirmation messages

Solved: Excel confirmation messages

I have a whole big macro that i wrote that part of it copies cells and pastes to another workbook, then it closes the first workbook.
    when i run the macro, the message comes up asking me if i want to save the data in the clipboard before it closes the file.

How can i eliminate that? i do not want the data saved to the clipboard and i dont want the user having that option.

Also, when i do a save as using a macro, it asks me if i want to replace the existing file. I want this to always be yes as well, without asking the user.

Any suggestions of what line of code i can add to take care of this?

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    This will supress all messages from Excel..

[vba]Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    '..
    '.. code
    '..
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True[/vba]

If you get the 'save over' message box, it will automatically save over any earlier file. There are functions you can write to check if the file exists.

this is perfect. i know that the file exists but i want it overwritten so that's exactly what i needed.
    do i put this in the genera statements section, like where i put option explicit, etc. or after the line sub...() and before end sub?

Site Admin
    Urban Myth
    VBAX Guru
    Sorry, it must be enclosed inside your routine, so Sub(), ..=False, code, ..=True, End Sub.

Thank you.
    Works perfectly