Consulting

Thread: Hyperlink function reference multiple cells?

Hyperlink function reference multiple cells?

Ok this may be a weird one and I'm not sure if it's possible.
    I have a hyperlink that creates an outlook calendar event based upon the text in the arguments of the hyperlink. It has a part for subject, description, location, start date and time, and end date and time.

I figured I could use Excel's hyperlink function to modify the arguments based off of the text in the cells so a user could simply click the link and have it create a calendar event for them.... but I cannot find a way to make this work.

So I would have something like:
    url?subject=A11&description=A11&dtstart=B2&dtend=C2 Where the larger text is the cell being referenced at that point in the hyperlink.

Is this possible?

Ok so I made a lot of progress but hit some more walls. Here's what I have so far:

=HYPERLINK("url?subject="&SUBSTITUTE(A11," ","%20"&"&description=test......", "test")

The substitute part allows me to remove spaces from the text in A11 so the browser will run the URL and the invite will include the spaces back in.

Now the wall... It seems that there is some kind of maximum character limit I am hitting... If I increase the amount of text in A11, the hyperlink shows up as #value. Also if I try to do anything not<=4 characters in the description field it will also show up as #value.
    Last edited by totalnoob; 01-12-2018 at 01:53 PM.