Thanks to first class help gratefully received from elsewhere on this forum, I have finally managed to create a macro-driven corporate Word template which does exactly what I need. It comprises two key elements as follows:
  • A global template which contains some ribbon customisations (which needs to go into the Word/Startup folder)
  • The corporate template itself, which contains our custom fonts, styles and building blocks (which needs to go into the Office/Templates folder)

Our organisation is only small so I can easily go around each staff member's computer to do the initial setup, or even send email instructions on how to do it; but I suspect the template will continue to evolve as new building blocks
and maybe even styles are added and I don't want to keep having to go around updating everyone continuously, nor do I want people to gradually fall into using different outdated versions. I believe I read somewhere that it was possible to setup a script which automatically updates everyone's computer by downloading the latest version of each of these components from a standard folder on our network. Might anybody be able to give me some pointers on how to do this?

Many thanks.