Consulting

Thread: How to run external software run multiple files after each other using VBA (in Excel)

How to run external software run multiple files after each other using VBA (in Excel)

Hi all,

I am not very experienced with VBA and I have a question about accessing files from software using Excel.
    I have multiple files with need to be executed. Every file takes about a day to complete. However, in the weekend this means that part of the weekend is not used, as only one file can be executed at a time.
    To run the multiple files, I have to select the file manually in the software and execute it by clicking the run button or hit F9.

Is there a way to run multiple files after each other using VBA from within Excel? Excel could list the files in a folder which need to run in series. I know how to open a single file but not how to run them in series and check whether every file has been successfully finished. Also, when hitting the run button/F9, there might be a 'warning' message box, for which the user needs to click 'ok'. I know this can be done with SENDKEYS but I have no idea how this works. The message box needs to have focus etc.

Path = "C:\Test1.otx"

CreateObject("Shell.Application").Open (Path)
    Can anybody help me with this?

Regards,
    Martin

VBAX Sage

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/show...bit-and-64-bit

Personally, though, if I was running a series of programs, I'd use a VBScript (.VBS) file and not VBA. I don't know PowerShell, but VBS is like a batch file on steroids

If you have access to the runned programs code, you could probably tweak it a bit to be more unattended-run friendly
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3