Consulting

Thread: Problems with the ancient file

Angry Problems with the ancient file

Hi! I can not open the file with the rtf extension. I hope here will help me because I have already tried all the options that just explode the brain. Nothing helps. I opened and through Word of different versions and through other other programs, but everyone writes either that the file is corrupted or has an unrecognized format. Without this file I can't do.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru macropod's Avatar
    Try opening the file in NotePad. You will lose all formatting, but you may be able to recover some useful content. Otherwise, it's time to restore the file from your last known good backup.
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]

VBAX Sage
    If it really is a RTF file (and not just a file with an RTF extension), the first part when you open it with Notepad should look something like this:

Capture.JPG

If it doesn't then post a screen shot of the first part of the file with Notepad or the file so we can take a look at it

A lot of times there's a 'signature' at the beginning for the file, like "rtf" or "MZ" for exe files that helps identify the real file type
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3