Consulting

Thread: dotm. on sharepoint

dotm. on sharepoint

Hi all,

I have created a macro enabled template document that i want to put on a share point site. However, when a user clicks on the template (in sharepoint) the template opens in 'read only'.

I have a userform that should appear as soon as the template is opened, but given it is in read only it is not appearing and once you click 'edit content' it still wont come up.

I just want to have to template saved on the share point, user can open the template, run the userform which produces a document and then 'save as' the final document.

It currently works if the user is using modzilla firefox but not on internet explorer.

Any assistance would be great.

Cheers

You should be creating new documents from templates, not opening them and changing the content then saving as with a new name. This is true wherever you open them from.
    Graham Mayor - MS MVP (Word) 2002-2019
    Visit my web site for more programming tips and ready made processes
    http://www.gmayor.com

Hi Graham,

Yep I am aware that the template should create a new document - this is exactly what it does when opened in firefox. however, when the template is opened in IE, the userform is not appearing (even if the user 'enables content'