Consulting

Thread: Textbox Change Event

VBAX Regular
    Textbox Change Event

I am new to PowerPoint programming but have done some coding in Excel and Access. I am finding there is no interface to choose events from a drop-down like there is in Excel and Access. Is there a good resource for listing all PPT events?

I did find some web pages describing application and slide events. It looks like special code and add-ins have to be configured to enable these events. What about the slide objects themselves?

My main question is there a PowerPoint event that will fire when the user changes the value in a textbox? Let's just say the text box is called TextBoxFullName. Any ideas on some code that might get me started? I would be very appreciative.

Thanks

I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

VBAX Regular
    In looking at the Forum FAQ, looks like I missed stating two items from the checklist for Posting Guidelines--sorry

I am using Office 2013 with a Windows 7 operating system.

Background:
    A manager at work has dozens of people who input data into individual PowerPoint files. Each of these files has a textbox where people enter a date that the project is complete.

Goal:
    Have an "AfterUpdate" event fire when this textbox is changed, if this is even possible? If so, the long term goal will be to have an email message sent to the manager so he can keep track in a third party program who has signed off on their projects.

What I have done so far:
    Found out that unlike Access and Excel, PowerPoint's event handlers have to be enabled by creating a Class Module with the code shown below. It looks like there are no event handlers for a textbox when the value is changed.

Question:
    Any ideas on how to create one? Thanks

EventProcedures.jpg

VBAX Master
    You have to use the WindowsSelectionChange event and add code to make sure text is selected.
    John Wilson
    Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
    Amazing Free PowerPoint Tutorials
    http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html

VBAX Regular

I could not find any references on internet to get me started. The action that would trigger the event I am looking for would be when the user makes any edit to a textbox named txtFullName. As there are no built in events like there are in Access or Excel, I am not sure how to get started. I am trying to visualize how to use the WindowsSelectionChange to target a this specific textbox.

If you could please point me in the right direction or at least a tutorial or URL that will allow me to create the type of behavior or event I just described, I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,

Scott

VBAX Regular
    My bosses name is Jon so sorry for misspelling your name John

I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

VBAX Regular