Consulting

Thread: update docproperty in user form/field

VBAX Regular
    update docproperty in user form/field

Experts,

I am trying to update DocProperty without use of a macro. Previously I used a simple code like:
    .CustomDocumentProperties("***x").Value = .Tables(1).Cell(6, 2).Range.Text

The reason for this is that I want to import the documentinto a sharepoint document list and have the named fields automatically updatethe associated list columns in sharepoint. As sharepoint office 365 no longer supports listswith associated email I no longer need to use a macro and document now has tobe uploaded manually.

All I want is to have a user form that automaticallyupdate the DocProperty field in a form/cell. Sounds simple enough to inset a field anywherethe document but when user changes the number the field is not updated. Theonly way that I know of is through a macro or to open “File->Properties->AdvancedProperties->Custom”

Is there really no way to update a document variable in auser form or table cell without a macro?
    So simple in excel.

Alex

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru macropod's Avatar
    These two statements are mutually exclusive:
    Quote Originally Posted by AAhrenst View Post
    I am trying to update DocProperty without use of a macro.

All I want is to have a user form that automaticallyupdate the DocProperty field in a form/cell.
    You can't employ a userform and not use a macro. Consequently, the answer to:
    Quote Originally Posted by AAhrenst View Post
    Is there really no way to update a document variable in auser form or table cell without a macro?
    Yes - there really is no way.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]