Consulting

Thread: Is Microsoft Office 2010 Code Compatibility Inspector (OCCI) the right tool to use?

VBAX Regular
    Is Microsoft Office 2010 Code Compatibility Inspector (OCCI) the right tool to use?

Hello, I have developed many Word VBA applications in a Windows 7 Office 2016 32-bit environment. In trying to make these applications work in a 64-bit environment, specifically, the 64-bit version of Office 365 (Word 2016) running in a Windows 10 environment, should I use the MS 2010 OCCI tool to evaluate my code and isolate things I need to change?

Or, should I be looking at the 2013 stuff MS released (Telemetry Dashboard and Telemetry Log) that replaced the 2010 OMPM, OEAT, and OCCI tools?

I have not downloaded or otherwise tried any of these tools and would appreciate any advice anyone can give on which one(s) I should try before I get started.

Thank you for your time.
    Doug

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru macropod's Avatar
    You should use the Code Compatibility Inspector appropriate to the most recent Word version for which you're using features that didn't exist in previous versions.
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]

VBAX Regular
    Thanks Paul. Microsoft couldn't have made this any more confusing IMO. From what I can tell the last compatibility inspector they made was 2010. I will try that.
    Thanks again.