Consulting

Thread: Customize the Outlook Ribbon

VBAX Newbie
    Customize the Outlook Ribbon

I'm trying to develop a macro to collect the information about a hyperlink in an email that is open in the preview window. I see that if I mouse over the hyperlink in the email, Outlook displays a message about going to the link via CTRL+click. I also see that if I right click on that link, I get a system context menu that offers options such as Select Hyperlink, Copy Hyperlink, etc. I'm looking for a code snippet to add a macro item to that particular context menu and at a macro that at a minimum, will just return the url of the link. If I can get that part figured out, I can write the link to a separate location.

I know I have to use the Ribbon UI process which I have done for Excel macros, but I can't seem to find any examples of how to do it in Outlook. Has anybody done something like this and have a snippet to share?

Thanks!

I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ

VBAX Newbie
    Arrow

So far, I have discovered that you can't do this in Outlook under VBA. Moving on, I need information on how to get the Outlook macros added to the Ribbon bar (not QAT) as Outlook is not CustomUI compliant. Also, any help in determining how to package the macros for a simple automatic installation on Outlook would be greatly appreciated!