Hi all,

I am a newbie with VBA but with help from different websites, I managed to create a macro that will connect to a certain website and fill a menu with a value "Closed" then click on OK. The problem is the value appears in the menu but it is as if it was not recognized as such. When OK is clicked it says that no value has been entered.

Here is the HTML code :

HTML Code:
<div class="modal ui-dialog-content ui-widget-content" id="pausingModal" scrolltop="0" scrollleft="0" style="width: auto; min-height: 0px; height: auto;"><label>Please specify the reason</label><div class="row"><div class="select2-container select2 reason select2-container-active select2-dropdown-open" id="s2id_autogen2" style="width: 100%"><a href="javascript:void(0)" class="select2-choice select2-default" tabindex="-1">   <span class="select2-chosen" id="select2-chosen-3">Select a reason</span><abbr class="select2-search-choice-close"></abbr>   <span class="select2-arrow" role="presentation"><b role="presentation"></b></span></a><label for="s2id_autogen3" class="select2-offscreen"></label><input class="select2-focusser select2-offscreen" type="text" aria-haspopup="true" role="button" aria-labelledby="select2-chosen-3" id="s2id_autogen3" disabled=""></div><select class="select2 reason select2-offscreen" style="width: 100%" tabindex="-1" title=""><option></option><optgroup label="Related"><option data-pause-type="hard_pause" data-show-text-area="false" value="1">Closed</option>
Here is the VBA code :

'Select the reason    For Each obj In objIE.Document.getElementsByTagName("span")
    If obj.id = "select2-chosen-3" Then
    obj.Focus
    obj.innerText = "Closed"
    Exit For
    End If
    Next

' Wait
    Do While objIE.Busy = True
    DoEvents
    Loop
    Do While objIE.readyState <> 4
    DoEvents
    Loop
    Sleep 待ち時間

Up until here the value appears in the box. But it is like it doesn't get really selected. I tried the following code to add to it to trigger the value :

'Trigger the value
    For Each obj In objIE.Document.getElementsByTagName("a")
    If obj.className = "select2-choice select2-default" Then
    obj.Click
    Exit For
    End If
    Next

' Wait
    Do While objIE.Busy = True
    DoEvents
    Loop
    Do While objIE.readyState <> 4
    DoEvents
    Loop
    Sleep 待ち時間
The last part is also working well as the button is clicked but a message says No option selected.

'Click on OK
    For Each obj In objIE.Document.getElementsByTagName("a")
      If obj.id = "submit-pause" Then
        obj.Click
        Exit For
      End If
    Next
Could somebody help me figure out what I am missing here ?