Consulting

Thread: How to disable the sheets protection

VBAX Regular
    How to disable the sheets protection

I have an excel file that has several sheets, I like todisable the protection from the sheets. I created a Vba that protects all the sheets automatically, upon closing.The problem is that some of the workersprotect an individual sheet, which interferes with the Vba, during closing.
    In advance, any help is appreciated

VBAX Sage
    .ProtectContents is True is the worksheet is already protected

So maybe something like this in your Close macro would skip trying to protect a sheet that is already protected

If Not Worksheets("ABC").ProtectContents Then
         Worksheets("ABC").Protect .......
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

VBAX Regular
    Originally, when I wrote this request I was in rush going toan airport so I did not explain the situation, so I apologize for theconfusion. This is the situation.
    I created a macro that protects all the sheets upon closingthe workbook, with the given password in the protect_close macro. There are times when during data entry I haveto unprotect a sheet.During this timethe staff could protect a sheet manually and use a different password, which isin the protect _close macro.
    I like to modify the Vba to ensure that if a person istrying to protect a sheet, the password would match the protect_close passwordmacro.
    Thanx in advance.