Consulting

Thread: Need help urgently.. align header & chart as per user format stated on slide 1

Need help urgently.. align header & chart as per user format stated on slide 1

First post! Be Nice!

A little background on my problem: I work with 5 team members. Before making a presentation, I always send them a proper template and repeatedly tell them not to change any sort of formatting. Regardless, they play rampage with the PPT. 5 of them send 5 different sections of the presentation. Here are the changes they always make (even after i tell them not to):

1. Change font size/color/style in the presentation slides rather than the master slide
    2. Change the position / size / appearance of the header / contents text box.
    3. Change background color / image of the presentation slides rather than the master slide.

Now, after compiling the 5 presentations, I regularly have to change the master slide - background image, font/color/size, size and position of header/contents. But since all the slides have been 'manually' adjusted, changing the master slide hardly changes anything. So, I kind of have to remake each slide in a new presentation.

What I am looking for is a methodology / algorithm to a macro - one that will strip all kinds of formatting from all the slides and reset the formatting to the master slides. Please note that I want to keep the dynamism of the master slide intact - e.g. if I later change the position of the header text box, all of the slides will be automatically updated (as it does normally if you do not mess with the position manually in a slide).

I have some knowledge in VBA (mostly excel) and have been making useful use of the macro recorder for quite some time.

But I need to not to apply from master slide, but will provide location of header, source and colour theme, can any one guide how can i do this in microsoft office 2013.

Urgently need help..

VBAX Master
    Did you try selecting all slides and click RESET (Home Tab). This should fix a lot.
    John Wilson
    Microsoft PowerPoint MVP
    Amazing Free PowerPoint Tutorials
    http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoi...tutorials.html

Quote Originally Posted by John Wilson View Post
    Did you try selecting all slides and click RESET (Home Tab). This should fix a lot.
    This i have tried this doesnot solve my problem....

example if we have 50 slide and each slide has different placement for header, one click i want to arrange it as per my first slide.

Same goes for sources in the slide and charts

this type of formatting is require where large number slide are used to present data.

VBAX Master
    So the slides don't follow the master in the first place!
    John Wilson
    Microsoft PowerPoint MVP

VBAX Sage
    FWIW, I usually see this when others do not understand and use the PP Layout options and Placeholders

They just add Textboxes, Pictures, Charts, and Tables where they feel like

Resetting back to the Master format is MUCH easier
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

thanks guys, for replaying...

In my case following master is not possible, so need to build a tool which will format the stuff as per my slide 1 or if I provider header location if can reset all the header as per the location and redefine the formatting..

Also suggest some good link where I can learn VBA for powerpoint.

VBAX Master
    It's not easy to see why if you want the format of slide 1 throughout you couldn't follow the master from the start.

IF all the headers (I guess you mean Title) are in Title placeholders then you could try this code to reformat

Sub Fix_Me()
    Dim sngT As Single
    Dim sngL As Single
    Dim sngW As Single
    Dim sngH As Single
    Dim S As Long
    'get first title spec
    With ActivePresentation.Slides(1)
    If .Shapes.HasTitle Then
    sngL = .Shapes.Title.Left
    sngT = .Shapes.Title.Top
    sngW = .Shapes.Title.Width
    sngH = .Shapes.Title.Height
    .Shapes.Title.PickUp
    End If
    End With

'apply to all
    For S = 2 To ActivePresentation.Slides.Count
    With ActivePresentation.Slides(S)
    If .Shapes.HasTitle Then
    .Shapes.Title.Left = sngL
    .Shapes.Title.Top = sngT
    .Shapes.Title.Width = sngW
    .Shapes.Title.Height = sngH
    .Shapes.Title.Apply
    End If
    End With
    Next
    End Sub
    John Wilson
    Microsoft PowerPoint MVP

thanks John...

Additionally, i want to know, we have define chart with some specific colour and formatting. can we apply same formatting to other chart type.

Also, we have one text box in each slide with "Source: " we want to find that source from multiple text box and put it at specific location on the slide...

thanks in advance