Consulting

Thread: VBA to Copy / Paste into New Workbook With Different Layout by Column & Row Headings

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

VBA to Copy / Paste into New Workbook With Different Layout by Column & Row Headings

Thanking you in advance.

I'm trying to copy and paste data from a workbook I receive regularly into a new workbook. The goal is to get the updated data in the right place in the new workbook.

The source workbook has much filler space that I don't need in the target and sometimes columns and/or rows are changed in the source compared to the last delivery. I've tried copying the cell contents from the intersection of each row/column header in the source into the same row/column intersection in the target. I've tried using Index/Match and intersect commands with no success. My attempts have been useless and too newbie to show. Because I've locked into row/column header thought, I'm just not seeing other ways to do this that are probably obvious to others.

Here's a screenshot of the source:

Source.jpg
    And the Target:

Attachment 22162

I've attached simplified versions of the source and target files.

Thanks, would really appreciate any ideas. Not asking for entire code, just a direction at what methods I should be using.

I'm on win7 and Excel 2010.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files