Consulting

Thread: 2 selection critria in a WorkSheet form

VBAX Newbie
    2 selection critria in a WorkSheet form

Hi,

I am stuck on something I can't get though.

I created 2 input fields in Excel (Last Name and First Name)..Once the user inputs a last name (example "Smith") then all the Smiths in the database will be displayed, however if the user inputs First (eg. "Mike") and Last names ""Smith" only that particular person will be displayed.
    My problem is, I can get either get Mike Smith or only Smiths, but not if First Name is blank give me all Smiths, else if not blank then give me Mike Smith... below is my code: Thank you

Sub finddata3()
    Dim firstname As String
    Dim lastname As String
    Dim broker As Integer
    Dim finalrow As Long
    Dim i As Integer 'row counter

Sheets("Form").Range("A34:J400").ClearContents

firstname = Sheets("Form").Range("D5").Value
    lastname = Sheets("Form").Range("G5").Value
    broker = Sheets("Form").Range("J5").Value

finalrow = Sheets("Broker_Data_Clean (FORM)").Range("A4000").End(xlUp).Row

For i = 2 To finalrow

If (Sheets("Broker_Data_Clean (FORM)").Cells(i, 2) = lastname And firstname = " ") Then
    Range(Sheets("Broker_Data_Clean (FORM)").Cells(i, 1), Sheets("Broker_Data_Clean (FORM)").Cells(i, 12)).Copy
    Range("A10000").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteFormulasAndNumberFormats

ElseIf (Sheets("Broker_Data_Clean (FORM)").Cells(i, 1) = firstname And Sheets("Broker_Data_Clean (FORM)").Cells(i, 2) = lastname) Then

Range(Sheets("Broker_Data_Clean (FORM)").Cells(i, 1), Sheets("Broker_Data_Clean (FORM)").Cells(i, 12)).Copy
    Range("A10000").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).PasteSpecial xlPasteFormulasAndNumberFormats

End If

Next i

End Sub

If (Sheets("Broker_Data_Clean (FORM)").Cells(i, 2) = lastname And firstname = " ")
    That says if FirstName is a space (" ")
    Maybe you want
    If (Sheets("Broker_Data_Clean (FORM)").Cells(i, 2) = lastname And firstname = "")
    I expect the student to do their homework and find all the errrors I leeve in.

Please take the time to read the Forum FAQ