Consulting

Thread: Copy from RDP (remote desktop) to local desktop

Copy from RDP (remote desktop) to local desktop

I am able to reach the remote desktop, but unable to find path to the file on remote desktop to copy the file from remote to my local desktop. Please help. This is what i have so far:

Sub Connect()
    Dim retval As Variant
    Dim myid, mypw As String
    myid = InputBox("Enter your ID", "your ID", "ID")
    mypw = InputBox("Enter your Password", "your Password")
    Set ie = Nothing
    cnt = 0
    Set sh = CreateObject("shell.application")
    cnt = sh.Windows.Count
    retval = Shell("cmdkey /generic:TERMSRV/remotename /user:" & myid & " /password:" & mypw)
    ie = Shell("C:\windows\system32\mstsc.exe /admin /v:" & "remotename", vbMaximizedFocus)
    Set ie = sh.Windows(sh.Windows.Count - 1)
    End Sub

Thank you for sharing this code with us! I was searching for it a lot of time. I think that the RDP is the easiest way to store information and some personal data. Also, I see it as a very safe method. I buy rip for keeping there the information from work. I am a professional IT manager. So, I have to keep the database always in a safe place and near me. It's very comfortable that I can access the information using any near computer. Anyway, it depends on the RDP provider. You have to work only with trusted and well-known platforms.

Giving the amount of time that has passed since this initial post on this thread, I assume that you've managed to find a solution and sort this thing out. Therefore, please give us an update on how you've worked it out. A simple search online described the process as follows: right-click on the RDP icon that you use to connect, then select "edit". After that select the "local resources" tab. Check the "clipboard" option. To allow file copying and pasting, select "more" and proceed to step 4. Select the "drives" option. Click "ok", then "ok" again. If it doesn't help, the best thing to do would be to buy RDP. After that try it again. I hope it works. Good luck.