I have recorded some macros, and I get the gist of much of it (how to output text, press function keys, etc. What I'm struggling with is the "text" parameter of the WaitForString() methods.

Below are some examples of the generated code. The first entry is pretty much self-explanatory. It just waits for the text "LEADS" on the screen. The next ones are where I start to struggle. What does the "H" mean in the second line? What does the "[" mean in the bottom 3 lines? What about the "0m" and "0mS"? The "10;44" looks kinds of like a location on screen, but I'm not sure. I want to be able to write my own macros without having to record everything to get the proper WaitForString values.

Any help on the syntax/structure of this text argument would be most appreciated. I can't find any help on it anywhere online.

returnValue = osCurrentScreen.WaitForString3("LEADS", NEVER_TIME_OUT, WaitForOption.WaitForOption_AllowKeystrokes)
returnValue = osCurrentScreen.WaitForString3("H" & ESC & "[0m", NEVER_TIME_OUT, WaitForOption.WaitForOption_AllowKeystrokes)
returnValue = osCurrentScreen.WaitForString3(HT & "[0mS", NEVER_TIME_OUT, WaitForOption.WaitForOption_AllowKeystrokes)
returnValue = osCurrentScreen.WaitForString3(ESC & "[10;44H", NEVER_TIME_OUT, WaitForOption.WaitForOption_AllowKeystrokes)