Consulting

Thread: UDF returning multiple values

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    VBAX Contributor
    UDF returning multiple values

Hi Folks

I'm trying to write a user defined function that returns multiple boolean values that can then be used with AND OR worksheetfunctions.

For example (WS):

= KRITERIUM(A1;"x";A2;"x") should return (-1;-1) assuming that both cells A1 and A2 contain "x".

= AND(KRITERIUM(A1;"x";A2;"x") should then return TRUE like writing =AND(-1;-1)

However the problem is that it returns =AND("-1;-1") which results with an #VALUE error.

FYI the function is defined as Public Function KRITERIUM(x as Variant, y as Variant, ....) as Variant

Here is the line that assigns the return value (VBA): KRITERIUM = blnKriterium1 & "; " & blnKriterium2

I'm now trying a workaround: instead of 0 or -1 I set the return values to "TRUE" and "FALSE" (eg. = AND("TRUE"; "TRUE") is TRUE)

However, it returns now = AND("TRUE; TRUE") so 2 quotation marks are still missing. If I use double quotes in VBA like so:

KRITERIUM = blnKriterium1 & """; """ & blnKriterium2 it returns =AND("TRUE"";"" TRUE") and therefore an error

What's weird is that while debugging it shows KRITERIUM = "TRUE"; "TRUE" but not on the WS

Any ideas are much appreciated
    Last edited by nikki333; 06-10-2018 at 09:56 AM.