Consulting

Thread: File extension issues

File extension issues

Hello all, I am new here and I was wondering if someone may be able to help me. I was tasked with writing a program that would take 6 different CSV files, manipulate the data, combine them into one CSV file and save it. My program is working but my end product is an xlsm file instead of a CSV. I wrote my program in the editor in xlsm format. I tried saving the final file as a CSV after the fact but when I open it up, it says that the file extension and the file type don't match. Is there an easy way to change this file format without external software? Thanks in advance!!

VBAX Sage
    I just created a new workbook, put in some data, and recorded a macro to save the file as a CSV

Option Explicit
    Sub Macro1()
    '
    ' Macro1 Macro
    '
    '
        ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\Users\USERID\Documents\CSV1-2-3.csv", FileFormat:=xlCSVUTF8, CreateBackup:=False
    End Sub
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

Thank you very much sir, that was very helpful!