Consulting

Thread: Modify Macro to have sheets added in particular order

VBAX Regular
    Modify Macro to have sheets added in particular order

Tender - Blank - Revision4.xlsmHello,

I have a Marco built to add copies of a template sheet and rename them based on a predefined list. if i add values to this list the macro will create and rename the sheet to match the list, the issue is that the new sheets created are placed at the end of the list of sheets and i want it to place the newly created sheets in the proper sequence based on the original pre-defined list.

I have attached the workbook for reference.
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhOE4M08YrXigRM78YnhByxmqSZh

the code in question is below;

Option Explicit

Sub SheetsFromTemplate()
    Dim wsMASTER As Worksheet, wsTEMP As Worksheet, wasVISIBLE As Boolean
    Dim shNAMES As Range, Nm As Range

With ThisWorkbook                                               'keep focus in this workbook
        Set wsTEMP = .Sheets("Template")                            'sheet to be copied
        Set wsMASTER = .Sheets("Tender Form")                       'sheet with names
                                                                    'range to find names to be checked
        Set shNAMES = wsMASTER.Range("A12:A" & Rows.Count).SpecialCells(xlConstants)     'or xlFormulas

Application.ScreenUpdating = False                              'speed up macro
        For Each Nm In shNAMES                                          'check one name at a time
            If Not Evaluate("ISREF('" & CStr(Nm.Text) & "'!A1)") Then   'if sheet does not exist...
                wsTEMP.Copy after:=.Sheets(.Sheets.Count)               '...create it from template
                ActiveSheet.Name = CStr(Nm.Text)                        '...rename it
            End If
        Next Nm

Application.ScreenUpdating = True                           'update screen one time at the end
    End With

MsgBox "All sheets created"
    End Sub
    your help is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by BReilly; 07-30-2018 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Attach Workbook

VBAX Sage
    1. I added CODE tags around your macro -- you can use the [#] icon the next time and paste your macro between them

I have attached the workbook for reference.
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhOE4M08YrXigRM78YnhByxmqSZh
    You should attach a workbook to your post -- bottom right click [Go Advanced] and use the paperclip icon. #2 in my sig has more information
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

VBAX Regular
    I have updated the Post to have the File attached.

Try
        i = 2
        For Each Nm In shNAMES
             i = i + 1
            If Not Evaluate("ISREF('" & CStr(Nm.Text) & "'!A1)") Then
                wsTEMP.Copy after:=.Sheets(i)
                ActiveSheet.name = CStr(Nm.Text)
            End If
        Next Nm

VBAX Regular

Like this
    Sub SheetsFromTemplate()
    Dim wsMASTER As Worksheet, wsTEMP As Worksheet, wasVISIBLE As Boolean
    Dim shNAMES As Range, Nm As Range
    Dim i As Long

With ThisWorkbook                                               'keep focus in this workbook
        Set wsTEMP = .Sheets("Template")                            'sheet to be copied
        Set wsMASTER = .Sheets("Tender Form")                       'sheet with names
                                                                    'range to find names to be checked
        Set shNAMES = wsMASTER.Range("A12:A" & Rows.Count).SpecialCells(xlConstants)     'or xlFormulas

Application.ScreenUpdating = False                              'speed up macro
        i = 2
        For Each Nm In shNAMES
             i = i + 1
            If Not Evaluate("ISREF('" & CStr(Nm.Text) & "'!A1)") Then
                wsTEMP.Copy after:=.Sheets(i)
                ActiveSheet.name = CStr(Nm.Text)
            End If
        Next Nm

Application.ScreenUpdating = True                           'update screen one time at the end
    End With

MsgBox "All sheets created"
    End Sub

VBAX Regular
    if i add sheets in before the tender sheet it does not put them after the tender sheet, how can i fix this so that they are always put in order after the "Tender Sheet"

I'm afraid I don't understand.
    Does the code I supplied work?

VBAX Regular
    yes it works the only issue is that when it runs it doesn't put the new sheets at the end of the list of sheets, but it only does this if i add new sheets before the "Tender Form" that are not "Marco created Sheets"

When I run it on your test file all the sheets are added after the "Tender Form" in the order they appear on the "Tender Form".

VBAX Regular
    yes that is correct, but add in a blank sheet before the tender form and it doesn't work for me it adds it them as the 3rd sheet in the list .

In that case change the value in red on this line
     i = 2
    to 3

VBAX Regular
    is there anyway to make the created sheets go after a reference sheet ie. "Tender Form" instead of a sheet number (i = "Tender Form" instead of i=2 or3)

Yup, try
        i = .Sheets("Tender Form").Index - 1

VBAX Regular
    works flawlessly, thank you very much for your help!

Glad to help & thanks for the feedback