Consulting

Thread: report output to PDF always Letter

report output to PDF always Letter

Not sure why after a year or so this is now becoming a problem. My database generates a phone list. Due to the various ways people may want said phone list, I have scripted some code to allow for various output options, including paper size. To sort of 'hard code' the output sizes, I have made separate report objects for each. So if Letter was selected, it would use the report formatted for 8.5x11. If you wanted 11x17, it would use the 11x17 report.

All was good until this morning. The 11x17 report was selected, and the report to screen showed 11x17. The I checked the output pdf, and it was letter. I did some searching, and added a Select Case to check and set Reports(aReport).Printer.PaperSize, but still it comes out as letter. If I hit the print button, and print to PDF (without changing any settings) I get 11x17 (using my default printer which is Adobe PDF).

So this seems to point to Access in some way. Any ideas? I do notice that even though the page size is set to 11x17, when ever I go to the Page Setup under Page Layout and look at the Page tab, it shows Letter, even though I change it and save.

VBAX Guru
    They can change all sorts of outputs and VBA code, for instance it can prevent Access opening Excel Workbooks etc.