Consulting

Thread: CONDITIONAL FORMATING IF CELL HAS ROUND FORMULA

VBAX Regular
    CONDITIONAL FORMATING IF CELL HAS ROUND FORMULA

I AM TRYING TO APPLY CONDITIONAL FORMATING IN AN EXCEL MACRO TO PROGRAM RANGE TO COLOR THE CELLS IF THEY CONTAIN THE ROUND FORMULA. WE HAVE FORMULA IN THE CELLS WHICH ROUNDS THE USERS ESTIMATES. THE USER MAY OVERRIDE THE ROUND FORMULA BY HARD CODING A PRECISE DOLLAR AMOUNT IF THEY DECIDE TO. WHEN THEY DO THE ROUND FORMULA IS OBVIOUSLY GONE. I CANNOT USE THE ISFORMULA FUNCTION AS THE USERS MAY HARD CODE THE CELLS WITH FORMULAS OTHER THAN ROUND, FOR EXAMPLE +60000/12. IS THERE A WAY TO APPLY CONDITIONAL FORMATING TO CELLS IF THEY CONTAIN THE ROUND FORMULA GIVEN THESE PARAMETERS.

PS. I WOULD RATHER NOT USE HELPER CELLS AND USE A COMBO OF ISFORMULATEXT AND COUNTIF.

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Wizard p45cal's Avatar
    See column C conditional formatting in attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    p45cal
    Everyone: If I've helped and you can't be bothered to acknowledge it, I can't be bothered to look at further posts from you.

VBAX Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM99 View Post
    I AM TRYING TO APPLY CONDITIONAL FORMATING IN AN EXCEL MACRO TO PROGRAM RANGE TO COLOR THE CELLS IF THEY CONTAIN THE ROUND FORMULA. WE HAVE FORMULA IN THE CELLS WHICH ROUNDS THE USERS ESTIMATES. THE USER MAY OVERRIDE THE ROUND FORMULA BY HARD CODING A PRECISE DOLLAR AMOUNT IF THEY DECIDE TO. WHEN THEY DO THE ROUND FORMULA IS OBVIOUSLY GONE. I CANNOT USE THE ISFORMULA FUNCTION AS THE USERS MAY HARD CODE THE CELLS WITH FORMULAS OTHER THAN ROUND, FOR EXAMPLE +60000/12. IS THERE A WAY TO APPLY CONDITIONAL FORMATING TO CELLS IF THEY CONTAIN THE ROUND FORMULA GIVEN THESE PARAMETERS.

PS. I WOULD RATHER NOT USE HELPER CELLS AND USE A COMBO OF ISFORMULATEXT AND COUNTIF.

IT'S NOT REALLY NECESSARY TO SHOUT IN THE TITLE AND THE MESSAGE

It makes it harder to read and it might be misinterpreted
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

VBAX Regular
    THIS WILL BE SHOUTED....THANK YOU AGAIN P45CAL!!!! I WILL USE THIS IN VBA PROGRAMMING!!!!

VBAX Regular
    Sorry for caps, my eyes were sore that day.

VBAX Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM99 View Post
    Sorry for caps, my eyes were sore that day.

A loud THANK YOU is always ok
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3