Consulting

Thread: Solved: Kangaroo Problem

Talking Solved: Kangaroo Problem

Okay here's one you might enjoy. I've got a kangaroo population simulator. I have to have values printed to a worksheet through a UserForm, and a real-time chart. There is one problem, and that is that when I specify a number of months to compute, it computes (Mnth = Mnth - 1). I know this is the root of my problem, but fixing it is a whole different story. If I just code (Mnth = Mnth) and take out the "-1", it errors on me. I've tried a few other things but I hit a brick wall every time.

Thanks!

you have used redim to reallocate storage space for your array variables 'km', 'kf', 'dm', & 'df' to a length of 1 to Mnt.

Further into your code you try and assign a value outside of this array length. try :

[VBA]ReDim km(1 To Mnt + 1)
    ReDim kf(1 To Mnt + 1)
    ReDim dm(1 To Mnt + 1)
    ReDim df(1 To Mnt + 1)[/VBA]

this will give you one more position in your array and should solve your problem.

I did what you suggested. The new code is attached. I still fall one short

Talking

Heheh, talk about being too close to the forest to see the trees! I figured it out. I had to [vba]redim mnt (1 to mnt + 1)[/vba] which allowed me to change the [vba] For j=1 to mnt - 1 [/vba] to [vba] For j=1 to mnt[/vba]

Anyway, thanks again!

I should have explained it a little further but i am glad that you solved the probelm.