Consulting

Thread: Paste range as image in merge

Question Paste range as image in merge

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to replace some text in a Word-file with a copy of a range from Excel. I want to paste the range as an image. At this point, it does paste the range as an image, but I can't seem to fix it so it would replace the specific text. My code is as following:
            With msWord.Content.Find
                   Sheets("Offerte").Range("I13:M160").Select
                    Selection.CopyPicture Appearance:=xlScreen, Format:=xlPicture
                    .Text = ("<<TABEL>>")
                    .Replacement.Text = msWord.Selection.Paste
                    msWord.Selection.TypeParagraph
               End With
    So to elaborate: the Range I13:M160 of the Sheet "Offerte" has to replace the text "<<Tabel>>" in the Word-document. Everything works, except for the replacement of the text.

Any ideas? Many thanks in advance!

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru macropod's Avatar
    You can't do it that way - you can only use valid Find/Replace expressions, which .Replacement.Text = msWord.Selection.Paste is not. Copy the Excel range, then use:
    .Replacement.Text = "^c"
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]

Thank you for your answer, but unfortunately this doesn't work either. With ^c or ^v nothing happens. Even when I put in a timer (Sleep). When a try to send a ^v in a seperated line only the 'v' appears in the document. And it will just appear at the top of the document.

Any ideas?

Knowledge Base Approver VBAX Guru macropod's Avatar
    Perhaps you need to study a bit more on: a) what valid Find and Replace expressions can be (There was a reason I said to use ^c and I very much doubt you really want to use ^v); and b) what you actually need to add to your code to make a Find/Replace execute...
    Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [Fmr MS MVP - Word]