Consulting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Subform wont update

VBAX Guru
    OK, I have slightly modified the VBA code in the Requirements subform and I think it now does what you want, try it out and see what you think.
    As to the append queries, that can either be handled by a no duplicates field or we can add some VBA to wherever you add the Employee to either run the similar queries for just that added employee or use VBA code to do the update.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ok, I choose supervisor - Len, Employee - ED and the list populated in the functions subform. I clicked on packaging operator and added a date in every requirement and I got a message saying I completed the requirement. It then put Operator 1 in the position in the functions subform next to packaging operator. It should say Operator 2 but gave me another Operator 1. Here is the criteria, if you complete Supply Op OR Packaging OP it gives you Operator 1 but if you complete both Supply Op AND Packaging OP it should give you a position of Operator 2. For the append queries whats the best way to go about it? is there a way if there is records for that employee empID then don't run the append queries and if there isn't then run them to populate the records. Also, I entered dates for a 3rd functional area and it didn't give me anything in position then I entered dates for a 4th functional area and I got the message and it should have said Operator 3 but nothing came up in the positions box.

VBAX Guru
    Yes I did say that I only had Operator 1 working, I didn't want to go any further if you didn't like the layout.
    I am off to Poker in a few minutes, so I will have a look tomorrow.

Where do you add Employees?

I will make a Query or queries that will add a single employee record based on the new employee, that way you can use the current queries to set up tables in the first place and then just add to them.

I haven't made the form yet to add employees..... Oh I thought when you said you modified the VBA you meant that as well...

Thanks,

VBAX Guru
    Created the Employee form and Queries, but still working on it, as I have been busy with other things today.
    I should be able to post it tomorrow.

VBAX Guru
    OK, I have it Appending Functions & Requirements for a new Employee. I have appended two new employees to test it.
    I have also added some queries and a Supervisor Subform.
    Take a look and see what you think.
    We then need to talk about updating Functions 3 to 8.

OBP It will give me Operator 2 correctly and it stays OP 2 even though it supposed to move up an operator to 3 in the image.

Functions.PNG

VBAX Guru
    Interesting, I did not get an email yesterday either, it looks their notification system has gone a bit buggy.

If you re-read my last post I stated "We then need to talk about updating Functions 3 to 8.", as I have done no work on the higher functions as I am not certain of the rules required.

Ok, Operator 3 has to complete (4) of the functional areas, Operator 4 has to complete (6) of the functional areas, Operator 5 has to complete (8) or all of the functional areas. Now for the times an operator completes a function and he/she stays at the same operator level is. If an operator completes 3 of the functional areas they stay an operator 2, if an operator completes 5 functional areas they stay an operator 3, If an operator completes 7 of the functional areas they stay an operator 4.

VBAX Guru
    As the operators have to complete the Functions in order we need to ensure that the user cannot enter a new Function before the previous function(s) have been completed.

Quote Originally Posted by OBP View Post
    OK, I can do that.
    As the operators have to complete the Functions in order we need to ensure that the user cannot enter a new Function before the previous function(s) have been completed.

It doesn't need to be in order they can complete any functions in any order they do complete the supply and package two first the rest doesn't matter.

VBAX Guru
    Try this version, I think it does what you require.

OBP, I played with it for a bit but yes after I figure out how you did it I think this will work! Thank you so much....