Consulting

Thread: Formula Using A Variable in File & Pah

Formula Using A Variable in File & Pah

Hi There!

I have the following formula in my worksheet. I am simply trying to pull a cell value from one sheet to another. It works great until I try to replace some portions of the file name & path with variables.

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "='H:\End Of Month\08 - August\Percent of Biz\[180801_PctBiz_Totals]Sheet1'!R1C2"

I would like to replace "08 - August" in the path with a variable named "MonthFolderName" and "180801" in the file name with a variable named "MonthFileName".

I have spent hours researching how to do this with no results working.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

VBAX Sage

MsgBox 
    "='H:\End Of Month\" & MonthFolderName & "\Percent of Biz\[" & MonthFileName & "_PctBiz_Totals]Sheet1'!R1C2" ' <<<< comment out after testing ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "='H:\End Of Month\" & MonthFolderName & "\Percent of Biz\[" & MonthFileName & "_PctBiz_Totals]Sheet1'!R1C2"
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3