Consulting

Thread: Weird Printing Problem

Weird Printing Problem

I've been using Access and VBA since it first came out but I have never seen this issue before. Hopefully someone will be able to help me.

Currently I have 7 active Access applications running at 4 different retirement clubs. I'm having this problem on only one of them

When the application opens, I present a Main_Menu form with a bunch of command buttons.
    The user can select a plethora of reports to print which are shown in Print Preview mode.

If I click "PRINT", the system prints the Main_Menu form
    If I do Ctrl-P to print, the report prints perfectly.

This only happened after an automatic update for Office 365 last week. Is it something others experience or does anyone have any ideas?
    ttfn

Kicker

VBAX Guru
    What you describe is a classic "Update" problem, VBA that has worked for years suddenly goes haywire.
    Is the Print Command actually running VBA or an Access generated Macro?

One option is to undo the MS Update.

Quote Originally Posted by OBP View Post
    What you describe is a classic "Update" problem, VBA that has worked for years suddenly goes haywire.
    Is the Print Command actually running VBA or an Access generated Macro?

One option is to undo the MS Update.
    That is exactly what I was thinking. Dozens of command buttons call code similar to:

DoCmd.OpenReport "rpt_display_Case", acViewPreview, , "IsNull([Date_Sold])" & _
    " AND Studio = '" & strFacility & "'"

Last night I changed all the Previews to acViewReport and it is working. The users know how to use Ctrl-P to print so I'm not worried.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions. I was becoming paranoid.
    ttfn

Kicker