Consulting

Thread: Call a Shared Calendar Folder

VBAX Newbie
    Call a Shared Calendar Folder

I have a calendar that I created and shared with my team. I then created VBA that will check for new items in that shared folder. It works perfectly for me. When I tried to add it to coworkers computer it failed. The line that failed is below:

This works for me:
    Set olRecItems = Application.Session.Folders.Item("MyEmail at company.com").Folders.Item("Calendar").Folders.Item("Shared Folder Name")
    This did not work for my coworker
    Set olRecItems = Application.Session.Folders.Item("CoWorkerEmail at company.com").Folders.Item("Calendar").Folders.Item("Shared Folder Name")
    OR

Application.Session.Folders.Item("CoWorkerEmail at company.com").Folders.Item("Calendar").Folders.Item("MyEmail at company.com - Shared Folder Name")
    I pulled up the properties of my coworkers shared folder - Where mine said my location was //MyEmail at company.com", her location is blank. (Anywhere the code say "at" actually has the "at" sign. The forum thought I had links in my post and was not allowing it.)

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this so the code will loop through all the items in the shared folder?

When a shared folder is not in the navigation pane there is CreateRecipient.

Private Sub readSharedCalendars()

Dim myRecipient As recipient
        Dim sharedFolder As folder
        Dim maxIter As Long
        Dim i As Long

Dim currItem As AppointmentItem

Set myRecipient = Session.CreateRecipient("name of the owner of shared calendar")

' Always resolves an email address so useful for non-email address entry
        myRecipient.Resolve
        'Debug.Print myRecipient.name

If myRecipient.Resolved Then

Set sharedFolder = Session.GetSharedDefaultFolder(myRecipient, olFolderCalendar)

maxIter = sharedFolder.Items.count

If maxIter > 10 Then maxIter = 10

For i = 1 To maxIter

If sharedFolder.Items(i).Class = olAppointment Then
                    Set currItem = sharedFolder.Items(i)
                    Debug.Print currItem.subject
                End If

Next

End If

End Sub
    To debug, mouse-click anywhere in the code. Press F8 repeatedly to step through the code. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DebuggingVBA.aspx

If your problem has been solved in your thread, mark the thread "Solved" by going to the "Thread Tools" dropdown at the top of the thread. You might also consider rating the thread by going to the "Rate Thread" dropdown.