Consulting

Thread: RTF file doesn't opened after saving on Win XP

RTF file doesn't opened after saving on Win XP

Hello, I have unpleasant problem. I was working in Word 2007 during two days, the file was created on sixty pages. I made formatting, saved it in .RTF extension. In company, chief asks to send reports only in such format. I sent him report in friday. Yesterday he said that report didn't opened on his machine. I got my report again, at opening I see blank document. The chief gave me some days to remade or make rtf repair.

Have a nice day!

VBAX Sage
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Paul

Remember: Tell us WHAT you want to do, not HOW you think you want to do it

1. Use [CODE] ....[/CODE ] Tags for readability
    [CODE]PasteYourCodeHere[/CODE ] -- (or paste your code, select it, click [#] button)
    2. Upload an example
    Go Advanced / Attachments - Manage Attachments / Add Files / Select Files / Select the file(s) / Upload Files / Done
    3. Mark the thread as [Solved] when you have an answer
    Thread Tools (on the top right corner, above the first message)
    4. Read the Forum FAQ, especially the part about cross-posting in other forums
    http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq...._new_faq_item3

Quote Originally Posted by JHughes View Post
    Hello, I have unpleasant problem. I was working in Word 2007 during two days, the file was created on sixty pages. I made formatting, saved it in .RTF extension. In company, chief asks to send reports only in such format. I sent him report in friday. Yesterday he said that report didn't opened on his machine. I got my report again, at opening I see blank document. The chief gave me some days to remade or make rtf repair.

Have a nice day!
    Usually .rtf files are used quite rare. But you may handle it like with usual word file via Open&Repair function.

Or apply guide specially made for RTF (see below), one more way can be effective only for severe crashes RTF Repair Kit it is accessible on https://www.rtf.repair/ the main advantage of this solution in its multifunctionality, if classic mode doesn't help you, other features must do it.

Step 1
    Open Notepad, the native Windows text editor, from the Start menu. Open the application again so that there are two Notepad windows open.
    Step 2
    Open the corrupt RTF file in one of the windows.
    Step 3
    Scroll down until you see some of the correct text from the file. Copy and paste this text into the second "Notepad" window.
    Step 4
    Repeat this process until you have recovered all of the text. Save the file in the second window as a new file.
    One more tip: Save the file in several different formats, just in case the file becomes corrupt again.
    Every action can be solved