Consulting

Thread: Input Box in PowerPoint to trigger animation to start? Is this possible?

Input Box in PowerPoint to trigger animation to start? Is this possible?

Hi,
    I'm fairly experienced with VBA in Excel, but just venturing into it with Powerpoint. So here is my question:

Is it possible to have an input box in PowerPoint to trigger an animation to start?

To give a bit of background. I work at a school and we have a PowerPoint for bus dismissal that is broadcast throughout the school on our internal TV system. I've automated a big chunk of it with kicking it off using Task Scheduler and timing as much of it as I can to kick off automatically... dismissal has to be surprisingly very precise in terms of time, but our buses arrive everyday in a different order (we never know which bus will arrive first). I'd like an input box (or possibly multiple input boxes - one for each bus) where I could enter the bus numbers in the order that they arrive and the animation for each bus would start automatically with the first one starting at 4:08 and each bus after that starting 60 seconds later.

So if the buses arrive in this order 5, 4, 3, 6, 1, 2, 8, 7... then at 4:08, the animation for bus # 5 would kick off. Then at 4:09, the animation for bus #4 would kick off, etc.

What would be helpful is to know is if this is even possible, if it is I can go in and play around with it and try and get it to work, but if it is not possible, then I won't waste my time trying to get it to work.

I've attached a generic copy of the Dismissal PowerPoint. It's rather involved, but it will at least give you an idea of what I'm working with. Currently, there is no VBA in the file. It's all working through Task Scheduler and animation timings.

Any input/advice is appreciated.

Thank you!

Carolyn
    Attached Files Attached Files